Friday, January 23, 2009


I felt like painting tonight, so I worked a bit on the decks of the two NH flats. The top one is from the Speedwitch kit, and the lower one is the Sunshine kit. They came out a bit more brown (at least on my computer) than they are in person. Overall, though, I'm pretty happy with the results. All I've painted so far is the wood.



Comment posted 4/23/2009


Get the black paint out and do the redt of the car. Decaling the car is a pleasure, Ted's decals are fantastic.


I did...sort of

Comment posted 4/26/2009 - OK, Jim - so I haven't gotten around to finishing it. I at least have the spray booth set up now...

Hey Jim,

I actually have painted the rest of the car. I had a spray can of black paint, so I used that. I forgot that it was grimy black and it doesn't look quite right!

Anyway, I finally have a spray booth, and I need to practice with the airbrush a little before I do a car that I want to keep since I've never used one before. The test piece of styrene I used has a bunch of runs and stars and such. But I'll get there.

It's going to be a while before I get that Sunshine flat built.



No comments:

Post a Comment