But I find that I often get more done when I'm really busy, simply because I have to make the time available to get to it at all. And lately it's been a question of either working on the layout or blogging about, so working on the layout has taken the priority.
I did have a chance to participate in the NMRA virtual meet on Facebook, and presented a clinic. Chris posted links to them on his blog. He did one as well. I think I'll be presenting another at the May 30th one.
Anyway, here are a few pictures of work I've been doing on some RS-2s (New Haven class DERS-2b). I'll need #0502 and #0503. Again, Chris has extensive posts about how he did #0510 on his blog, no need to repeat that. I will provide more information as to any differences in a later post.
In the meantime, some pictures. I'm using the Proto 1000 model, as Chris did.
Experiment modifying a Kato part.
A different approach, using less of the Kato part with the Proto 1000 railing.
I ordered some KV Models fan grate and fan.
While waiting for them to arrive, I'm using the shell from #0510 as a test.
A minor distortion on part of the fan housing.